White Oak Armament Barrels

I have a SPR build (18" w rifle length gas , 1:7" 223 Wylde ) upper that I've owned for 20+ yr and it's one of the most accurate ARs I own.
It shoots Nosler 77s, Sierra 65 gr Game Kings ( I've killed 14 deer w that and a hot load of 2520) , Horn 75 gr match, and Horn 55gr Fmj great.
All the match 75/77s are under 1/2" at 100 yds if I do my part.
It's my fav AR

WOA off the shelf barrels are typically Wilson. If you want other brand barrels, John H will crank one out for you through the WOP side of the business.

John shoots for the IL service rifle team; for his own competition barrel he just grabs one off the shelf. No special barrels for him to show people that his off the shelf barrels are very competitive, precision wise. Accuracy is another story, that's the shooter's responsibility.

Thanks for the input. I ordered an 18" rifle length 1/8 spr barrel this morning, but they're saying about a 16 week lead time. Seems it will be worth the wait!

Here is what John's 3 groove Pacnor setup did for me in 20P. This is 4 shots at 100.
6C82FD3C-1FF2-4C43-8C96-F8937CE45D94.jpeg

No problem, just that I shoot multigun competition and they get hot before the long range shows up generally.
True the upper and bed the extension in the upper unless it is a press fit, stringing with heat won't be an issue with a quality barrel that was properly stress relieved and machined concentric to the bore. My comp rifle is an 18" DPMS Mk12 from back when they made really good barrels and it does not move POI at all from cold to super hot. I've built quite a few on other barrels as well and haven't seen any stringing using this method.