White Oak Armament Barrels

It depends on how good or bad the fit is, if it's bad and I don't throw the upper away and get another one I will wrap it the extension with shim stock and loc-tite everything together with a press fit. If the fit is decent I have had really solid results with the orange high temp gasket maker, the one with the copper flakes in it, I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. The goal is to have the relationship between the upper and barrel stay the same, the upper has the sight/scope/dot on it so the relationship between it and the barrel have to remain constant. If the fit is decent it doesn't take much.

It depends on how good or bad the fit is, if it's bad and I don't throw the upper away and get another one I will wrap it the extension with shim stock and loc-tite everything together with a press fit. If the fit is decent I have had really solid results with the orange high temp gasket maker, the one with the copper flakes in it, I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. The goal is to have the relationship between the upper and barrel stay the same, the upper has the sight/scope/dot on it so the relationship between it and the barrel have to remain constant. If the fit is decent it doesn't take much.

What competition discipline do you shoot in TX?

I haven't, when I moved to TX my job didn't allow time so I haven't shot a comp in a long time. Still have all the gear and the desire but no time.

I bed the barrel extension with I think retaining locktite.

This rifle sports a 18" white oak spr barrel
F0E66C99-E6DB-4175-B58F-417F0F65A424.jpeg

It shoots cheapo norma 55 grain so well I went 14/14 at a 10" plate at 400 standing off a bag last range trip with a garbage milspec trigger and repeated easy hits at 550. With 55 grain that absolutely sucks in the wind.

It will be replaced with another white oak when it dies with how well it's performing

This rifle sports a 18" white oak spr barrel
View attachment 378690
It shoots cheapo norma 55 grain so well I went 14/14 at a 10" plate at 400 standing off a bag last range trip with a garbage milspec trigger and repeated easy hits at 550. With 55 grain that absolutely sucks in the wind.

It will be replaced with another white oak when it dies with how well it's performing
@bultinkle just curious, what twist rate on that barrel?

Loctite 620, every upper and every time.

I keep a few upper receivers on hand, mostly Aero M4E1, BCM and believe it or not, PSA.

PSA have unusually tight large frame AR upper receivers, hit or miss on AR15 uppers.

I measure the uppers ID and mark the boxes, usually have one that provides a snug fit prior to bedding.

I have a steel nut with a 1 3/8" hex that I sent out and had it DLC coated that I use to install and bed the barrel using either a KZ or Geissele action rod. I have had instances where the tolerance stacking was so bad I have returned a barrel and some so tight that I had to use a heat lamp to warm the receiver and a freezer to cool the barrel to get that combination together. To date I have had one I haven't 100% bedded but I did lap the face, which was minimal(BCM upper and Beene 6.8 x 43mm 3R stainless barrel) because the fit was so tight, just a little 620 between the face and shoulder of the barrel extension.

I rarely lap and I never torque over 45ft lbs, I shoot for 35-40ft lbs and then it is to index the nut. I have since quit using nuts that require an index to clear the gas tube. The process have evolved and probably will continue to evolve as new processes and products are brought to market.

YMMV, but I have had great success with it at the bench and for hunting/calling rifles.

I'm looking at swapping out my Aero 18" spr barrel for the same in a White Oak Armament barrel. Anyone have any experience with this company?

I have heard about sub moa accuracy with these barrels. Thanks
I shot with John at Ft Defiance when he was a junior I have an upper he put together for me shoots better than I can he is as honest and good as you can get.

John does not use specially machined barrels from the Whiteoak Precision side of his business for his competition rifles. He grabs barrels off the shelf from the Whiteoak Armaments side. Practice did not hinder his performance all these years.