Whisker Biscuit Visible in Scope

MoApe

Setting up my TAC 15i for the first time using the HHA Speed Dial. I'm a little concerned as I'm seeing my whisker biscuit in my scope (Hawke Sport HD) when set at anything above 5 power. Suggestions? Do I have to shim the HHA, I would hope not as it is the brand new model (from what I've read here HHA fixed that problem).

Thanks, MoApe

The issue is based upon what type of scope and what type of scope mounts you are using?

If your scope is a 50MM objective, then you will see the whisker biscuit in your scope.

I use a set of medium height rings and a 40MM objective on my scope. These are mounted on top of an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial and I have no visibility of my arrow rest, however many shooters do, but it presents no problems for them in accuracy when shooting.

I should also note that these days I'm not shooting a Whisker Biscuit any longer, since I changed to a QAD Ultra Drop Away Style arrow rest almost two years ago. The type of rest is not relevant to weather you can see it or not.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Thank you for the response Mr. Henry, I will be changing the scope on my HHA Optimizer in the near future, the scope that is coming with the newer shipped TAC 15i's is just OK as you would imagine. It shipped with the Hawke Sport HD with Illuminated Recticles (40 MM) I believe. The biscuit in the scope picture isn't that big of deal (only visible at the very bottom of the scope picture when zoomed in), I was just afraid I had set it up incorrectly or there was a problem with the HHA Optimizer.

I will also move to the drop-away rest in the future, I just want to spend a few months getting the hang of my new "prized possession" before introducing additional challenges :D.

I got the Hawke 2-7 scope, and at 2X the WB is really obvious, but at 4X it's far less of a nuisance.
As discussed above, the HHA Speed Dial helps too.

With the crosshairs leveled on a deer I guarantee that you will not even see the Biscuit! :D:rolleyes:

Hi Twanger,
Funny thing, I have a Hawke 2 - 7x Scope, but have never even mounted it on my crossbow. I like the compact 3 - 12x hat I've always been using, so I haven't tried changing it out.

I'm about to replace my cables and string for the first time since purchasing my crossbow, so I'll be going back through the paper tuning and re-alignment exercises from scratch. This also requires checking for Cam Lean problems, since Cam Lean is caused by the number of twists on any string at the point of the yoke attachments.

God, do I hate rework when things are performing so nicely!!!

Regards,

Jon

Funny Jon - yeah, if it ain't broke, you hate trying to fix it.:rolleyes:

Oddly, my 2-7X scope came in a 4-16X scope box!
I was supposed to get the higher-mag scope.

Oh well. the 2-7 actually suits me just fine, but I do wish it was a little brighter.
That said, the illuminated reticle rocks. lightbulb

Maybe next year a fancy high-dollar scope will find it's way onto the Tac15.
Gotta space these things out a bit to keep from cheesing-off the wife.

Hi Twanger,
My wife might have felt the same way about some of my outdoor expenditures, but since she spends far more than I do on clothes, shoes and jewelry there's no arguments.

I like to keep in mind that each of us are only on this earth once, so were not going around a second time no matter who we are. I won't deprive others of having what's important to them and I would take offense if anybody did that to me.

As we all know there's always trade-offs that need to be made and responsibilities to meet, but these can be juggled over time. Don't come to the end of your road and look back with regrets. I'm planning on sliding in all used up and worn out!!!

Regards,

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.