Which stock for Rem 700?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 6.5user, May 5, 2008.

1. 6.5user

6.5user Member

I have a Rem 700 Classic with the factory wood on it and have been looking at replacing the stock with something a little more long range friendly. In a nutshell what I am looking for is a stock that may (or may not) have slightly less drop at heel for less muzzle rise, built in cheekpiece as mine does not have one and a good cheek weld is a bit**, and the main one, it has to be comfortable enough for all day use. My reasoning is quite simple, I use my 6.5x55 for hunting ground squirrels all summer and deer in the winter. Even with 100gr bullets I get a considerable muzzle jump when firing and putting 100 - 150 rounds through it gets very tiring with the factory stock. Now I ask for your opinions on what would be a good stock from your personal experiences. Any info you could give me would be helpful.

2. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Contact Joel Russo, he makes "the best" laminate stocks around and very friendly to work with. His A5L are great for long range, prone shooting especially. He can duplicate several others contours as well. If I knew how to post a picture I'd show you the A5/A3L he did for me.

3. 6.5user

6.5user Member

joel Russp

Any ideas on how to track him down?

4. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

5. 6.5user

6.5user Member

Joel Russo: found

In touch with him now, thanks guys.