Which Rem 700?

MontanaRifleman

I saw a Rem 700 7 Ultra in a pawn shop today and they were asking $699 for it.

My question is... which 700 is it? I'm guessing it's the Stainless SPS or XCR but the stock doesn't look or sound like the stock that Rem site shows. It's a dark charcoal color and feels fairly solid but a little flexible. It has a smooth grippy ruber like feel. I like it. Feels a lot better than my Sako stock.

Anyone have a clue? Is it an older Rem stock or an after market stock and how would I tell the difference between an XCR or SPS stainless?

Thanks,

Mark

the Hogue stock is dark gray/black, with a rubbery feel, like pebble grain... has an aluminum insert similar to h-s style... frankly, if it's a Hogue stock, you might want to get a second opinion from someone who has one, before purchasing...

thanks, Larry

Nope, it doesn't have a pebble grain feel, it's smooth but grippy. I'll go to one of the local stores and checkout their hogue stocks and the XCR?SPS's if they have any. Hard to tell how old this gun is but it looks like it's in good condition. Who knows what the throat is like....

$700.00 can be a lot for that gun you can find them for $400-600.
I got mine for $600 off gunbroker. Sounds like same gun to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.