Which Scope for .308

RugerHawg413

I just bought a new Savage 10 .308, and am looking to buy a new scope for it. I have looked at Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint, Nightforce SHV, Zeiss Conquest V4, and some Leupolds. But with the Leupolds, I just can't find a reticle that they make that I like. And if there is a brand that I am not thinking about please mention them. I am looking at 12 to 18 power (preferably 16-18 power). Thanks for the info and knowledge.

I just bought a new Savage 10 .308, and am looking to buy a new scope for it. I have looked at Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint, Nightforce SHV, Zeiss Conquest V4, and some Leupolds. But with the Leupolds, I just can't find a reticle that they make that I like. And if there is a brand that I am not thinking about please mention them. I am looking at 12 to 18 power (preferably 16-18 power). Thanks for the info and knowledge.
The new Razor LHT looks pretty good. I personally LOVE Leupold's VX6HD and VX5HD lines. If you can go more their Mark5HD line is awesome. I also have the PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP and it has been a great scope. Budget, weight preferences, first or second focal plane would also help:)

Last edited:

To answer your question, you pick a scope just like any other chamberings (.30-06, .270 WM) based on your intended purpose (target vs hunting) and at what ranges, budget (normally the biggest driver), and personal preferences (SFP vs FFP, reticle, illum vs non-illum, weight, etc). Be prepared to get inundated. Good luck!

To answer your question, you pick a scope just like any other chamberings (.30-06, .270 WM) based on your intended purpose (target vs hunting) and at what ranges, budget (normally the biggest driver), and personal preferences (SFP vs FFP, reticle, illum vs non-illum, weight, etc). Be prepared to get inundated. Good luck!
I agree with FEENIX but I will make a suggestion just from my personal preferences, The SWFA 10X in Mils is a perfect fit on my 308

I am looking at spending no more than $1,000, weight is not a big problem on this rig. I like Mil-Dot and BDC reticles not Duplex reticles. Thanks so much!

Took me 3 minutes to find these. You're welcome.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 10.03.07 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 10.05.36 AM.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.