Which rifle route for long range?

What is a remage barrel? I use 6.5 Tikka rifles and re-chamber them to 6.5 PRC. They all shoot 1/2 moa@ 100 meters with 22" or 24"with the barrels that came on them from the factory.
Basically turning longer threads and no shoulder onto a rem700 barrel and using a lock nut like a savage. They also do the same for tikka prefit barrels.

Are you able to hand ream the chamber to 6.5 prc or do you do it on a lathe?

I agree with what most or these guys say about it being difficult to find an accurate factory rifle. If you start with a Remington 700 heavy barrel or a Savage heavy barrel, you have better chances of getting a decent shooting rifle and have something to build off of. That being said, now days I buy factory rifles and the barrel gets pulled immediately.
Basically turning longer threads and no shoulder onto a rem700 barrel and using a lock nut like a savage. They also do the same for tikka prefit barrels.

Are you able to hand ream the chamber to 6.5 prc or do you do it on a lathe?
Usually both, I do 1/2 on the lathe and finish it by hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.