Which 30cal for long range hunting?

I am thinking the Lapua case takes a bigger boltface than remington currently makes, don't quote me on that I could be wrong. But I think it's a custom action or aftermarket bolt to shoot the lapua.

I think the P stands for Police. They are pretty much the same or very similar to their LTR or PSS line but I think all the "P" rifles have 26in tubes while the LTR and PSS are either 20in or 24in tubes and they all have HS Prec. stocks, some have the double palm swell while some don't. I'm not exactly sure of all the specifics but it's something like that. I think. lol

300 rum

Two different loads both shoot great.

185 Berger .549 bc 98.7 grains retumbo 3400 fps.

210 jlk .680 bc 93 grains retumbo 3100 fps.

Works great for me but tread lightly!

Bruce: You are correct. The cartridge head on the Lapua is .585; the .338 RUM is .534. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Thanks for the correction.
Denny

Everbody keeps throwing you diffrent rounds but you have not defined there use. Anyone of use could easly say what we like but is that best for you, your game and range? I dont know, your long range may be 400M while mine is over 1000M and your game may be elephant and mine whistle pigs

This is the best response provided thus far.

Very good point!

A lot of personal preference, mine included, has been posted.

Right now Broz is making the 300 Win Mag with Berger 215's look pretty **** good!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.