Which 7MM for long range hunting?

Couldn't agree more on the search for the perfect rifle. It has parallels in the old Ford vs Chevy vs MoPar debate that has been raging for years. The best one can hope for is to be able to try as many options as are out there for a particular purpose and then settle on the one that best suits them. All else is simply a futile exercise in smashing the same bug over and over.:rolleyes:

For 7mms I would second the 7STW with at least a 28" barrel. This length may take it out of the hunting class for some as it is pretty long. After working one of these up I found with my load a 28 gave the best performance from the bench to all the way out there. I also am a big fan of the 7mag and have several packages that are great long range hunters. I have a 7RUM but have done little with it. I am not completey on the wagon as far as a 30 being better for all situations, but to each their own.

Regardless of what caliber you shoot the glass setting on it is a critical component. You can't hit it at 700yds if you can't see it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.