Which PTG bottom metal for HS Precision PST

Black Squirrel

I am looking for a bare stainless bottom metal. PTG makes 4.

I am not really interested in the standard or tactical.

I like the oberndorf.

They have 2, one is a flush mount, one isnt. Which one do I need for an HS Precision stock?

Thanks.

Remington 700 (LA) Oberndorf Bottom Metal (BDL) - Pacific Tool and Gauge

Remington 700 Long Action Flush Mount Oberndorf Pocketed Inlet Bottom Metal BDL - Pacific Tool and Gauge
Flush mount is what I use. Unfinished, I smooth and polish them myself.

Cheers.
gun)

I have yet to see PT&G hinged floor plate bottom metal that the floor plate didn't "sit proud" of the stock, when used with a HS Precision. Sunny Hill makes SS bottom metal that fits very well. Don't know if Williams has SS available , of not. I know their carbon steel bottom metal fits well, though.

I ordered the flush mount from stockys. We will see how it fits. Theres no way I'm spending over $400 from sunny hill. The Williams would be nice if it were stainless.

You need to give some consideration to how your Wyatt box is going to fit. The way the back end of that PTG picture is shaped may make a project out of it.

The Sunny Hill I'm looking at is about $150. They do make some other that is more expesive. The $150 stuff is not shown on their web site. You can call and order or Brownells stocks it. PT&G and HS Precision are kinda' like mixing oil and water, in my book.

I got the bottom metal in today. Sharp looking piece. I don't have the stock yet, but the Wyatts box, action and bottom metal are all happy together. So far the only thing unhappy is the trigger. The bottom metal hits the safety pivot pin pretty good. Some amount of grinding will have to go on.

Went up to my buddy's machine shop this morning and he let me play with the mill. Had to open up the bottom metal in 3 spots to clear the Timney 2 stage trigger. Everything fits well now.

Attachments

• DSC02575.JPG
    DSC02575.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 187
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.