Resellers of PTG bottom metal

jb1023

Wondering if anybody knows of any resellers of PTG bottom metal? I am wanting to order one for my Howa 308 but PTG has a 6-10 week lead time. Hoping maybe there are some resellers that have one in stock so I don't have to wait. Also considering a CDI as I can get one now but they are $90 more so figured I would check around first.

It is not, it currently has the swing floor plate. I do have a dremmel though so I was planning on just doing it myself. Looks pretty easy, just need to take lots of measurements and take my time.

check out midway they sell ptg products not sure if they have what you need but worth a look

It is not, it currently has the swing floor plate. I do have a dremmel though so I was planning on just doing it myself. Looks pretty easy, just need to take lots of measurements and take my time.

That ought to be pretty! Practicing, trained gunsmiths call the Dremel tool "the trouble maker". Buy the CDI. It's WORTH $90 more than anything PT&G makes!

When I started gunsmithing school in '93, the Dremel tool was not on the tool list. Over the next two years we were instructed in the use of some powered hand tools, but the only one used for 'finish work' was the 1/4 sheet vibrating 'palm sander', and it couldn't be used everywhere. And when it came to that 'final' sanding, that was all done by hand for uniformity. A Dremel tool or die grinder might be used to hog-out' some inletting and to create 'pockets' for the 'mechanical lock' of the bedding compound for a glass bedding job, but never where its' use might be seen. Gaps and crooked lines that should be straight are just plain ugly!

When I started gunsmithing school in '93, the Dremel tool was not on the tool list. Over the next two years we were instructed in the use of some powered hand tools, but the only one used for 'finish work' was the 1/4 sheet vibrating 'palm sander', and it couldn't be used everywhere. And when it came to that 'final' sanding, that was all done by hand for uniformity. A Dremel tool or die grinder might be used to hog-out' some inletting and to create 'pockets' for the 'mechanical lock' of the bedding compound for a glass bedding job, but never where its' use might be seen. Gaps and crooked lines that should be straight are just plain ugly!

I hear you, I have to admit though that the Dremel tool came a long ways with all the attachments for adaptability to multiple portable processes.

I hear you, I have to admit though that the Dremel tool came a long ways with all the attachments for adaptability to multiple portable processes.

Gunsmithing is about "can your brain make your hands do what it is telling them to do?",,,,, not how many or what kind of power tools you have.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.