Which One to choose

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Midgetsniper, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Midgetsniper

Midgetsniper Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a good long range scope. I have a Leu VXIII 4.5x14 B&C, but i want target/tactical style adjustments. Should i go leupold mark 4 4.5x14, Nikon Monarch X in the same power range, or a Burris Sig select 4x16?gun)

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Just slap a pair of Stoney Point knobs on it and keep on truckin.

3. michael A.

michael A. Well-Known Member

go with the leupold or if you want a really good scope you should get a nightforce 5.5-22 :D

4. Midgetsniper

Midgetsniper Well-Known Member

I would put stoney point knobs on it but it doesn't have an Adj. Objective.gun)

Lefty's are the normal ones in the shootin world.

5. shecky

shecky Member

I'd spend a few extra bucks and go with US Optics

6. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

NXS 5.5-22 x 56

DUH

7. Flybuster

Flybuster Well-Known Member

Send your existing scope back to Leupold custom shop and have the M 1 tactical knobs installed for 60 bucks each. They will do these to all Leupold scopes except LPS and Rifleman models.

8. 280AIman

280AIman Well-Known Member

Go with a new Leupold Mark 4, stay away from the Nightforce, my oppinion. i had 3 and now they are all sold. they should be called Nightfarce, for all the hype and money they are junk.

9. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I love the mark 4 but the nightforce is good too. The guy above me is gonna get flamed badly!

10. 280AIman

280AIman Well-Known Member

Oh i can take a good Flame it happens when you form your own oppinions. its just the three i had were junk, they were'nt as clear as my Leupolds or my Ziess. so i got rid of them i didnt like that 1 of them would fog at any given time that it was cold. and for that kind of money i shouldnt have to send it back to be fixed. i have never sent a Leupold or Ziess back and i'm very hard on my equipment, harder then most.

11. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

Quite Frankly I'm happier with my mark 4 than my nightforce. No mechanical problems just not quite as clear. You will find on this forum however most people prefer the nightforce.

12. Jaybird00

Jaybird00 Member

All good suggestions. What is your price range? Some might think I am crazy but I have had good luck with weaver. Nikki stifling is another lowered priced scope I have had good luck with.