Which Reticle to choose?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Dobermann, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Dobermann

Dobermann Member

After a lot of web crawling and advice from the guys and girls of the shooting community (special thanks to all the advice on this forum). I am going for a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25 with Illuminated reticle. As I will be using this mostly for target (as well as deer the odd time) I think the P-3 Mil-dot reticle is the one to go for but was wondering was it possible to get a finer crosshair ??

Kindest Regards

Dob

2. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Dob check out the P4 reticle. its in miliradians similar to the Gen 2 but with purely hash marks and no dots, also has 1m stadia for torsoe measurement ranging at certain ranges. I designed the reticle several years ago and gave the drawings to S&B, they made minor changes and now have it as the P4.
    And let me know what price you can get the 5-25x for, i might be able to help you out. Pete

3. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

I had the L7 reticle and thought it was great...sakofan.
    The S&B makes the best lit reticle in the business, IMO.

4. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, where do you folks find anything about 5X25? The only reference to this scope I've seen is on this web-site. Please give directions to more info, like where do you find they will have a lit reticle? HELP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dob check out the P4 reticle. its in miliradians similar to the Gen 2 but with purely hash marks and no dots, also has 1m stadia for torsoe measurement ranging at certain ranges. I designed the reticle several years ago and gave the drawings to S&B, they made minor changes and now have it as the P4.
    And let me know what price you can get the 5-25x for, i might be able to help you out. Pete

[/ QUOTE ] Pete: Where do you find any reference to a P4 reticle on the S&B web-site?