which kestrel meter

asa

thinking of purchasing a kestrel, which model would be recomended for longrange shooting.

thinking of purchasing a kestrel, which model would be recomended for longrange shooting.

I asked the same question not long ago and was told without doubt, the minimum to run with exbal was 3500 kestrel. Thats what I got. Do a search under Kestrel and you will find my thread with all the kestrels compared with one another.

DUH

Which one depends upon the range at which you shoot, your ability with simple math, and your finances.

For distances up to 800 yards or so, a simple wind meter will do. For distances up to 1K, a simple wind meter will do if you can estimate your altitude and the current temperature (hint: water freezes at 32 degrees ) and either enter it into your program or apply correction factors to your drop chart number.

For distances much past 1K, you should get serious about the exactness of everything and buy the 3500.

my understanding from the very experienced is that humidity is not even worth compensating for. the 2500 will give you the altitude and barometric pressure along with the regular stuff. that's all i'm gonna deal with.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.