which barrel lasts the longest 270wsm or 7mm mag

Elkwonder

Title says it all, given everything equal, which one lasts longer before needing rebarreled?

A 270 WSM barrel will run in the 1200 rnd range then start to slow down, in my experience, some will be less some more but I did run loads HOT. Don't know with the 7mm, haven't found one worth keeping that long.
Next barrel is getting Nitride.

My old man shoots a remmy700 7mm, loads em up fairly hot, and gets alittle less than 1000 rounds per barrel. I think he's just using factory barrels, but I'm not sure.

I got about 1200-1300 rds out of the first 7mm RemMag Sendero that I owned. The accuracy was still under 1/2" but cleaning took hours. Traded it for a 700P, same caliber.
I don't see a huge difference in the two cartridges. .007" difference in diameter. The .270WSM holds 78.9gn of water, the 7Mag, 83.2gn. That's 4.3gns difference. Not alot of barrel scorching difference. JohnnyK.

+1 on Johnny. The 7 mag has a little longer neck but less shoulder angle so it should be a wash there as well.....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.