Which aftermarket trigger

jon12

I see alot about jewel, are they really that great? Ive also seen rifle basix and timney, but not alot and dont have any experience, how are they? I have a shilen trigger in one of my rifles now and really like it, how do they compare to the others? How do all these triggers compare price wise, and are the more expensive ones worth it? Are aftermarket triggers even really that much better than a factory model 700 trigger tuned by a competent gunsmith(it would be for a hunting rifle and would be set no lighter than about 2 pounds)?
Thanks.

To answer your question, YES, the Jewell's ARE that much better. Will you get the benefit of the great trigger on a hunting rifle set at two pounds? Probably not.
NONE of the aftermarket triggers (except the Jewell)are any better than a finely tuned factory trigger, if they are both set at two pounds.
Nomex on, ready for the flames...
grin.gif

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

.. I've had a few different triggers.. Most Remington factory triggers can be tuned to satisfaction.. That said a Rifle Basix is a great trigger also.. But the price can sometimes get a little close to a Jewel.. The Jewel is definitely the Cadillac..
.. For what you're talking about I'd probably go with a self-tuned factory trigger first (instructions are at the GoGoVarmintGo MB in the tech section).. If it doesn't "do it" for ya then spend some money..
..This advice is worth every penny ya paid to get it.. d:^) JiNC

the jewels are very nice except for one thing the shoe is too narrow for my liking[its like a shilen-at least the ones i have seen],right now im using the using the rifle basix on a couple rigs and like them alot.my-2-dave

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.