Where's Ollie?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
35 weeks per year I drive alone for 80 miles, staying over night at my daughter's house and babysit 2 days for my grandson.

Ollie is 18 months old now and this is his first trip with me to Barnes and Noble's magazine counter.

I swear -- I had nothing to do with his choice of magazines. gun)

Attachments

• 1016.jpg
    1016.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1021.jpg
    1021.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 20
What most of us grandpa's wouldn't do to "HAVE" to babysit our grandkids.

When I left there at the end of today I said to my daughter, "You are so lucky you get him 7 days a week and I only get 2."

The other 3 non-weekend days, we babysit at our own home for my 2 "local" granddaughters who are both just such sweet little darlings.

Ollie is 18 months old now and this is his first trip with me to Barnes and Noble's magazine counter.

I swear -- I had nothing to do with his choice of magazines. gun)
Yah right and we're supposed to believe that? If he's been around grandpa for more than a day he's been brainwashed and will be out shooting with you in no time. Great pictures of a fine young man. :)

Yah right and we're supposed to believe that?

Dick, the funny thing is it's true.

And he also likes science fiction. That is definitely not from me.

Attachments

• 1061.jpg
    1061.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 1057.jpg
    1057.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That's awesome Len. My daughter turns 3 on Monday and she doesn't have much of an interest in deer hunting, but she tells me almost daily that she's going to hunt bears :) she even helped mix up some of the 'stuff' for bear baits last year. So now I have to start getting points for her to use someday.

These two will be part of the 3rd generation involved in the family internet magazine business.

Ollie will be 5 years old next month.

CLICK ON EACH IMAGE FOR ENLARGEMENTS
Len-Ollie-Ev-2218-web.jpg
And then his 2.4 year old sister, Evelyn, decided she wanted her picture taken while next to the tree just like her big brother.
Len-Ollie-Ev-2231-web.jpg

Last edited:
That right there is the GOOD stuff in life! I have 2 daughters my self. One just turned 3 and the 2nd one is 9 months. The oldest one just the other day driving home looked out the window to the mountains and said: "some day when I get big Daddy I'm going hunting with you up there". It made me "soft" for a moment! She had no idea how right she was as I found out days later I had drawn a moose tag! So we will be spending a lot of time "up there" together.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.