Where's the Ammo????

CoyoteMarine

Hoping for some help. I've been looking on the internet for 8 months now for a box of any kind of hunting ammo in the .223 Rimington 62 - 64 grain, 3040 muzzle voliosity. I have plenty of 55gr. BTFMJ, but it isn't allowed for hunting down here. What is going on with the manafactures? Retailers say they can't get any. Any sugestions as to where I can obtain a mear Two (2) boxes. Hell I can't even buy shotgun shells around the south, nada on everything. Went to buy a soft case for my rifle and these items are BACK ORERDED or OUT OF STOCK as well. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction,. I want to do some hunting gun)

As soon as it hits the shelves, its gone. If you have some 55gr fmj for bait, you might want to post for a trade in the classifieds. Someone might have excess of what you need, and have a need for what you have.

Welcome to the barter economy of the post-Obamalyptic period! Dune buggies and spiked helmets are not far behind!

As soon as it hits the shelves, its gone. If you have some 55gr fmj for bait, you might want to post for a trade in the classifieds. Someone might have excess of what you need, and have a need for what you have.

Welcome to the barter economy of the post-Obamalyptic period! Dune buggies and spiked helmets are not far behind!

Thanks for the thumbs up with the "obamalytic period", I have been planning for this day, lol., But don't care for the spiked hat, I'll stick with my boonie hat and gillie suit.

Don't forget tyhe tinfoil hat.:D

Other than the people who filled shopping carts (literally) with components and ready made ammunition (I saw that for myself at Cabelas...stupid), it's out there, you just have to exhibit patience, loose the 'I want it now' mentality and become a ardent Internet peruser.

While the local shops are pretty barren as far as ammunition and acessories, I'm not having any issue getting components, I don't buy ready made as a rule, I'm a roll your own person. Case in point I ordered 24 pounds of H1000 on Saturday and it was on my doorstep this morning.

I'll chalk the shortage up to supply chain economics, Obamaitis and stupidity on the part of the buying public, all in equal parts.

FYI, I have over a thousand 55 grain FMJBT's in 22 caliber and equal number of 60 polymer tips, countless 308's in Sierra as well as 338's and brass to load them, all recent purchases (within the last 45 days).

Been doing some research looking for ammo and came across a web site you all might want to check out. It's called (GunBot) the up date on a daily bases and belive it or not I found some ammo at Ables. Seems to be a good site check it out, no Back Orders just what in stoch and who has it. Jarheadhunter where are you located?
Semper-Fi
John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.