Where to find a Savage action?

Buy a complete rifle(pawn shops, gunstores, nickle ads, etc.) for cheap and take it apart, I've got several that cost <$200. If you want just a new action I would contact Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply. You can buy a new Stevens 200 for less than $300 at the local gunshop also.

Thanks for all the information, i will take it all into consideration. Ill prolly just go get one at a pawn shop or gun show. Im looking to start building a custom.

My local Sportsman's Warehouse and Scheels both have Stevens for $259. You can sell the stock and barrel and end up with a cheap action.

I've also had good luck with auction arms and gunbroker.

we sell the new actions, varmint, target, and sporter. i dont know if you are wanting to get a used one and try to sell the excess parts or if you want a brand new action only. they are new in box with the accu trigger and i believe the bottom metal.

if you are interested let me know and i will post some pricing.

have a good un
steve

Sporter action, std bolt face, SA wsm bolt face, and LA magnum bolt face
$355.00

Varmint Action, i am currently out of. it ran $365.00

Target Action, .473 and 223 bolt face, RBLP and RBRP models availble,
$420.00

let me know if you wanna know anything more

have a good un
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.