Where to find a barrel in Canada?

SaskShooter

I've been trying to build a custom long range gun for the last year, acquiring parts, building tools, gathering information, etc. but now my project has come to a halt.

Where the Hell can I find a good, pre-threaded, short-chambered, heavy barrel in Canada???????

So many American companies offer "Canadian shipping" on custom barrels but it all seems to be based around retailers buying the barrels- NOT individual people buying individual barrels.

I've already built my action wrench and barrel vise, bought my base gun (Remington 700 SPS .300 Win. Mag), my scope, rings, Picatinny rail, even my chamber reamer! I'll buy my stock (AICS) as soon as I have a barrel.

Can anyone here help me out? I haven't come this far and spent this much money to quit now.

(And, yes, I want to install and finish-ream the barrel myself. Call me an idiot)

Me and a friend ran into the same problem this winter. I am from Manitoba. As it is with almost everything; availability and pricing is much better in the U.S. We only live 15 miles off the ND border so we just ordered from BRUX and had them shipped to a depot in ND. Was the fastest and saved quite a bit of money as well. Have you called Corlanes? They might be able to help you out. Really nice guys over there, and super helpful.

I looked up Corlane's website, they don't list anything about barrels for sale.
And how on earth did you get a barrel through customs? Wouldn't they just grab it and lock you up? We Canadian terrorists are dangerous, you know...

I called U.S. customs and asked what I could and could not bring back into Canada. I gave the lady a list as to what I was bringing in and she phoned some one higher up and approved everything but ACTIONS. Which you can bring in but it is expensive. We looked at bringing in actions only but was to much hassle so we just bought donor guns and sold the take off barrels and stocks. Brownells or Midway had Rem 700 actions on for around $550.00 but it was way easier to just buy a gun here. I know your FRUSTRATION been there. Give Corlanes a call I think they use PAC NOR barrels. My friend bought a 25STW from them this winter shoots real good.

I will definitely check out Corlane for my next custom gun, but for now it sounds like I should be getting a barrel from Jerry Teo at Mystic Precision as soon as all my payment stuff is in order.

26 inch McGowen Stainless Steel, #8 Shilen contour, 1-10" twist, .300 Win. Mag chambered and threaded, 11 degree crown.

Those damned coyotes better keep their heads down, or I'm gonna blow 'em clean off.

I will definitely check out Corlane for my next custom gun, but for now it sounds like I should be getting a barrel from Jerry Teo at Mystic Precision as soon as all my payment stuff is in order.

26 inch McGowen Stainless Steel, #8 Shilen contour, 1-10" twist, .300 Win. Mag chambered and threaded, 11 degree crown.

Those damned coyotes better keep their heads down, or I'm gonna blow 'em clean off.

I'm glad it's working out with Jerry Teo at Mystic Precision .. .338 Win Mag with 200 gr NAB at 338 yards isn't too shabby either ...

2011-11-19_14-49-06_396.jpg

I like that.

Reminds me of that mangy, chicken snatching fox that received a 180 grain Federal SP from my .300...................

well, it reminds me of what I found left :D

Sean at North Shore barrels has really good pricing, and sells good barrels like Krieger. Ron Smith in AB might do it for you, and Jerry Teo is another good source.

Thanks for all the help, guys! I placed my order with Mystic Precision this afternoon.

Now I'm getting excited! Only two things left on my shopping list now-

1. Headspace gauges
2. AICS

...................and all the other 17 year olds say I have no fun.

hi SaskShooter;I have developed a cartridge in 348cal. & got good service 3yrs.ago from a nice fellow in N.D. called High Plains Barrels ph.701-448-9188.Hope this helps. The 348 Castle Mag.shoots 7/8in.groups.I turned the blank myself and saved there but he will do any profile u want. I just hope he is still in bus.as Ineed a 224 blank soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.