Where’s the ‘19 meat pole...?

I didn't even get a day in deer hunting in ID this year but I killed a couple bulls and helped two buddies get 2 more. The first bull scores 321" and was shot on a draw tag at about 200yds and 300yds. The first shot was broadside and then he took off running and I finished him running away. It was shot with my Christensen carbon barreled 300wm using 215 Bergers.
2019 Bull 2.jpg
2019 Bull.jpg
2019 Bull 3.jpg

Last edited:
The second bull was shot on my non-resident tag. It was in a brutal hole that took us 4 hours to hike up out of. It was 626yds with my 20" 300wsm running a Ultra 9 TBAC suppressor. It was also shot with 215 Bergers. The bull died just above the green tree to the left of the burnt tree in the middle of the picture. It's right above the green tree in the center of the zoomed in picture.
2019 Bull 6.jpg
2019 Bull 4.jpg
2019 Bull 5.jpg

So then we got back to camp and spread out the meat on my buddies trailer to let it cool out over night. When I got up the next morning I went to check on the meat and saw one bag had been drug off and another had a hole in it. Then I caught motion in my headlight. It was a big red fox. So I went and got my kids .22 and went looking for him. Because I was in the truck and walking around a bunch he tried to hide back in the trees but I found him and dispatched him but not before he got my tenderloins. My kids were pretty excited when I crawled back in the trees and found him after hunting that morning.
2019 Bull 7.jpg

In August my buddy and I went to Kodiak Island and I shot this Sitka buck. I shot it with the same 300wm I shot my big bull with. It was 525yds. One day there were 30 bucks in the draw directly behind me. Right after I shot this buck we jumped a bigger buck but he never stopped long enough to get a range and shot off.
Kodiak deer 2019 me.jpg

IdahoCTD, that red fox is huge he must have cleaned up more then his share of gut piles or was a great hunter, he'd just didn't know how big his body was ..... Lol .... But then again he was a crafty thief ,probably made his living at just that ,your building Great memories for your Children !!!Congrats n thks !

east mt, 6.5in bases big heavy deer, best buck i found after looking at 93 bucks, 591 yds, 175 berger elite hunter, 7mm mag, couple does also, 456 yds and 961 yds
using a leupold 4.5x14 with custom turret,,,,,

deer.jpg

IdahoCTD, that red fox is huge he must have cleaned up more then his share of gut piles or was a great hunter, he'd just didn't know how big his body was ..... Lol .... But then again he was a crafty thief ,probably made his living at just that ,your building Great memories for your Children !!!Congrats n thks !

He is in the freezer. I'm going to get him tanned.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.