what's your excuse?

I shot my encore this weekend rem corelokts 1st 2 touching @ 100yd 3rd was down bout a inch the 4th touched the others ! Down here in florida we got these biting knats called no seeums. I think that's what it had to be ! when my new build gets in this month. IF something happens with it! it must be the deer gods ! What else could it be ?

My wife says I have "selective hearing"........ when shooting, I have "selective memory". I remember the good groups, but bad groups........ what bad groups? I don't remember any.:D Must be early onset Alzheimer's.:rolleyes::D

Well a moose' lungs are bigger than that target so I would of still got it. Or my favorite fall back is it's been a while since I've been shooting, out of practice. Pay no attention to those empty shells beside me in my caliber, they were here when I got here

Personally I can kind of feel when I know I am doing everything right and when it "just doesn't feel as good". and I judge my groups by that. If the group is decent, GREAT!! If not I grab my gun and go to the house, just not a good day. I try my best to with hold judgement for another day. I will then figure out if it was me or the load/rifle. I always carry a gun and load that is a known good for those times though. If it is shooting the groups I expect of it, then I know it is the load. I am not a competition shooter and I accept that sometimes it is just the guy pulling the trigger. Those days are RARE though:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.