What's the neatest thing you've found while hunting (other than game)

I take my Wife with me, and I keep finding her back at the truck. I guess I need to take her deeper in the woods.:)

couldnt help myself

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 23
Cool stories guys. Here's one. Found an Indian Charm once years ago, and thought to shellac it and give it to my girlfriend at the time. When i gave it to her she dropped it and it broke in half. We both looked at each other and thought "Uh Oh". Sure enough we broke up not long after, and she gave me the "Charm" back. Now my mom has it, but so far nothing's happened to her...

I don't quite remember if it's in AZ or NM, but in early 1990s a buddy and I were scouting a new hunting area and got to a fence line with sign that says "No trespassing private property nudist colony. :D

I didn't have a camera or cell phone with me at that time, otherwise I would have taken a picture of it. Needless to say, we never went back or hunted that area. :rolleyes:

Got two stories:

1. Small game hunting on a family lease in Georgia, I walked passed a tree on a creek and sure enough saw a brand new Remington 1100! It was hydro dipped from the factory and leaning against a tree. It wasn't rusted from the paint job and it blended in perfectly!! It turned out it was my cousins and he left it leaning against a tree after a duck hunt the week prior and he couldn't find it!! He was happy to say the least.

2. I went hunting on a friends 250 acre farm in Georgia. I was deep in the woods going to a box blind. It was 0530 in the morning right before Christmas. It was freezing out. I made it to the box blind and I remember a bunch of "brush" all around the base of the blind. I stepped over the "brush" and climbed up the ladder into the box blind. The sun came up roughly an hour later and sure enough it was about 10 does all laying on each other trying to keep warm under the box blind!! It was insane. The craziest thing I ever saw. I was literally within feet of these deer and they didn't move. To say the least I didn't shoot, and I watched them stretch, walk, and eat around the blind before they went on their way. It was a great morning to say the least. Definitely blessed and a once and lifetime event.

My son and I found two escaped convicts on a ranch in northern CA.

As we stood there face to face with the two convicts a state helicopter swooped in and arrested the two people.

At one point the officers thought my son and I were helping with the escape, after many questions we were allowed to walk away.

Lots of trail cameras.

Year before last found a set of current year matching elk sheds that scored 324 without the inside spread. Was going antelope hunting a number of years ago and found a large tool box with quite a few scattered tools along the highway.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.