Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Shot placement is the name of the game .Mt best friend Roy in Alaska killed alot of grizzlies and Buffalo and moose with the most surprising rifles ever a 243 win .He shot everything behind the ear. HE answered door knocks three times and

It waa grizzly bears. HE POPPED THEM right behind the ear .Me I about got eaten in the tent and had my 338 win mag .I felt underguned with 7 bears in one night and I bought a 416 rem mag that became My tent and truck gun .I loaded 300 grain fmj for my 375 win big bore 94 also so that my gf could shoot it .

7-08

I can't even count the guys I have ran into at the range over the years that can't shoot, know absolutely nothing. But they read on the inter web that a Tikka 7-08 was the be all, end all to every big game animal and hunting situation in North America. As long as you have a Barnes bullet stuffed in the case.

You can use it to part ragging creeks and walk across on dry land, it defies the laws of gravity. In a tight spot it can be used as a weed pipe and makes an excellent high lifter Jack handle.

But all the above does not apply unless the driver of the rifle is dressed head to toe in Sitka gear and the rifle can only be transported in a Toyota TRD. There is also a minimum amount of selfies that must be taken per range session.
bravo you hit the nail on the head

30-06. Heard so many kids when I was growing up and even now that had to get a 30-06 to hunt deer just like their dad. It's like you have to have a 30-06 to be a man. Saw fathers give their young son a 30-06 at the range and after they shot it, they didn't want to shoot anymore.
Also all the Creedmoors. Hornady just copied all past good cartridges.

Love too many cartridges to list.
Well, I have three .30-06's, and love them, and would never go to another caliber in those rifles! Of course, they're all Garands! 😉.

No hunting rifle in that caliber, but I wouldn't mind one, especially as I handload and very few cartridges are so versatile. But I do know what you mean for sure. Especially about the 6.5 CM. My Dad was doing load development in the late 1960's with a .264 Win Mag in a pre-64 Model 70 that was the equal of what a lot of guys are shooting now, of course the BC on modern bullets is a step way ahead. He died in 1982 and I still have a whole box of .264 Win Mag brass and loaded rounds, for the day I ever find the same rifle.

122 pages and going....going...going...
Why hate any cartridge. I never understood that. You can be indiferent, not interested in it, but hate? Wasted energy if you ask me. I am indiferent to so many cartridges. I have no interest in acquiring rifles in so many cartridges, but if you give it to me, sure I will shoot it, if ammo is not too expensive....

And as I said.
POI is usually the critical factor. Does caliber play a part ? Sometimes. Do you think he would be talking about taking 15 shots from a 45 acp if the first one hit him in the head or in the neck ? You picked a one off video to prove a point. And speak of studies, if I take my time to look. Sorry not going to waste my time.
I'm sure there are plenty of studies to prove what one would like to believe. But then it's also kind of hard to find a study that could possibly cover every possible scenario involved. And if pistols sucked at killing. Why do we see so many people dying to such things ? Caliber be damned. I'm not saying the 45acp is the best to carry. Or any type of pistol. But when in a city walk around with a rifle or shotgun & see what happens. lol A pistol is easier to conceal. Which is why most carry them. And caliber is also a personal choice. I like the 10 mm myself. I also have a few 45 acp along with other calibers.
And if caliber does not matter then why are we concerned about what pistol caliber to carry for bear protection ? With your logic there all useless. Even though bears have been taken with them. Do you think possibly the type of ammo used could also be a deciding factor, besides shot placement ? I'm not sure even what you're trying to imply here besides pistols are useless. Even though they have proven to do as required if used correctly.
Working for one of the bigger ammo companies as an LE guy, I've shot a lot of gelatin. "jello" is not anatomy but does make for a consistent media for bullet performance comparisons. Most of the defensive calibers used by LE are doing a good job these days. Mostly due to a set of criteria (FBI Protocol) that's been established for terminal performance, i.e. penetration, weight retention and expansion. That being said, shot placement is still the most important factor. Part of my job is talking to the agencies and officers that are using our ammo and getting feed back on terminal performance. Most agencies have gone to the 9mm cartridge these days and the heavier 9mm bullets (124-147 grain) are doing a good job. The better bullets are either bonded or have some mechanical means of locking the core and jacket together. Bullets that stay together penetrate better and penetration is the second key factor in terminal performance. The 9 muther-muther is doing a good job and stats in the last few years are showing little diff in terminal performance of 9, .40 and .45acp. I still shoot them all when I do ballistic workshops and they all get good reliable penetration and generally expand very consistently. I do have the opinion that bigger (larger diameter) bullets offer an advantage but it is impossible to put a number on that advantage. There are just too many variables with every shooting. Departments just don't have the budget to train folks to handle heavier recoiling handguns in .40 or .45acp and any hit with a 9mm is better than a miss with a .45. That plus the fact capacity is always a concern these days due to a higher likelihood of multiple assailant encounters. shot placement, penetration are paramount, and expansion at any level is a bonus and the one thing that is hard to control. Hollow points that get plugged with clothing or any other material becomes an FMJ. Most companies are looking to other methods of generating expansion other than "hydraulic". Impact generated expansion seems to be the future for defensive ammo but does create a whole new set of issues.