What to do with the little ones?

Oh my I better get started my oldest granddaughter is 12 and my youngest is 3. I don't know a thing about the ATN scopes but they sound like a good idea. Do you mind educating me a bit?

X-SIGHT 4K INT RIFLE SCOPE SERIES The X-Sight 4K INT Day and Night hunting rifle scope camera offers quality HD Night Vision Mode, higher resolution and faster optics that allow for a faster image to form on the new HD Display. With the WiFi feature of ATNs Smart HD Optics, you can see on your smartphone or electronic device what the user of the day and night vision scope X-Sight 4K INT sees in real-time. In addition, by utilizing the ATN Obsidian app, you can control your night vision Scope and adjust the settings. ATNs seamless smooth zoom helps you get up close and personal with everything you are looking at. No more wishing you could have run down to the field for a closer look. Intuitive User Interface will help you to easily switch to Night Vision Mode - choose either classic green or grayscale and pierce through the darkness and see vivid, crisp images even on the blackest of nights. Not only our Day and Night vision Rifle Scope has Smart Rangefinder but also a function of Recoil Activated Video which gives you a freedom of not thinking about press the record button before each kill shot. Ultra HD Sensor Record Full HD Video with 120fps Day & Night Modes WiFi Dual Stream Video Recoil Activated Video (RAV) One Shot Zero Profile Manager Smart Range Finder Dual Core Processor Share on Social Media Bluetooth Ultra Low Power Consumption (18+hrs Use) Smooth Zoom Electronic Compass <a href="https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight" target="_blank" >Night Vision Scope</a>

Started my kids with a BB gun shooting a can hanging on a string. Then moved to gophers with 22lr and open sights. Transitioned to optics and my daughter did fine. My son hated the scope. Shot better with open sights. Hunted his first few years with the scope on 3x regardless of the distance. Not as much perceived movement. As he got older then the scope power was not an obstacle.

I like the idea of the OP. Pretty cool.

Started my kids with a BB gun shooting a can hanging on a string. Then moved to gophers with 22lr and open sights. Transitioned to optics and my daughter did fine. My son hated the scope. Shot better with open sights. Hunted his first few years with the scope on 3x regardless of the distance. Not as much perceived movement. As he got older then the scope power was not an obstacle.

I like the idea of the OP. Pretty cool.
Seems very intuative to kids used to playing video games

Been working with my Grandson. He understands red dots, but not scopes. Planning on him being behind the gun instead of beside it this fall. Was all in for a 25yd feeder, red dot and sandbags out of a tower stand until I had an idea.... I have an AR in 6.8 with a Sightmark Wrath 4K Mini. It is a dedicated hog gun. 4k Mini is a video screen.... Put the X on it and a hit!!! AR stock fits him fine... He shoots it better than the red dot. It magnifies. This is going to be fun...
If his trouble with scopes is the eye relief part of it, try this. Spend some time getting the stock height correct with risers and wash cloths taped to the stock. I had to do this with both my kids. After you get the height right, have them move forward an backward until the sight picture is perfect. I then traced their face with a marker on the mole skin I put over top the risers. After that, while in the field, I could take a real quick look and see if they needed to move forward or back to see what they were suppose to be seeing. The height was always right in the field with the stock build up, and the visual reference with the sharpie made eye relief a snap when a deer was standing there.
Hope this helps, it worked for me x2. Good luck, have fun and share pics!

If his trouble with scopes is the eye relief part of it, try this. Spend some time getting the stock height correct with risers and wash cloths taped to the stock. I had to do this with both my kids. After you get the height right, have them move forward an backward until the sight picture is perfect. I then traced their face with a marker on the mole skin I put over top the risers. After that, while in the field, I could take a real quick look and see if they needed to move forward or back to see what they were suppose to be seeing. The height was always right in the field with the stock build up, and the visual reference with the sharpie made eye relief a snap when a deer was standing there.
Been there, done that with two girls. It is slower for them than what I am playing with. Plus the scope recording the shot will be a great help after the shot. Problem with most digital scopes is weight. This one weighs half what most weigh. Little AR in 6.8 set up like this should get it done nicely. Just have to wait until November to see, unless it cools off enough to recover and clean a pig before that.

Great advice, especially outlining their face to set the eye relief. I'm certainly gonna follow your advice with the g kids.