What rimfire?

Nylon 66 Tube feed through the rear stock. Every young man's hunting 22. There was nothing out there like this. BUT BUT BUT Wait Remington came out with the "NYLON 77" with a drop out magazine. TRULY THE BEST INVENTION SINCE THE WHEEL for a young or old man hunting squirrels, crows, pigeons, rats, doves. The ultimate 22LR with a fast changing magazine.
COULD NOT GET ANY BETTER!!!
Wish I still had one
I don't see rifles of this quality anymore. Sure you can get a Ruger 10/22 but it is nor a REMINGTOM>

I have a TC Center 22 Classic in Wood and it is QUALITY. So much that TC stopped making because it was not profitable to make anymore - BELEIVE THAT! ONe of the bet 22lr rifles were discontinued because TC could not make a profit.
Getting back to the Nylon 66 & 77. When I was 15 in 1971 I could buy a Nylon 66 for $66 and then the Nylon77 for ten dollars more $77.00. In 1971 that amount of money was so far out of reach. I only wish I could have got the 77. I
ended up lucky with the Savage model 29 Pump (showed it sever times on this forum) shot several thousand rat with-it and now hanging on you wall. still and always wish I could have got the Nylon77. I was looking on GB and saw some-they were beatup rusted and asking like $700 in the bidding process. This was a new state of the art Nylon stock with a semi auto 22lr.
Times have changes and Nylon 66 & 77 are still out there in either NIB Never fired or marred and rusted with the sellers wanting $7-800. Ridicules . I just wish I could get one in decent shape and I could restore it, Then put in my collection, but still shoot squirrels!!!
If anyone has one that is a little beat up rusted and needs TLC and wants to get it to a good home please contact Jill or I.
We will be sure to restore it and shoot it.
Great story! Wasn't it the 66 that had the advertisement
In magazines with the sharpshooter
That set some record for shooting wood blocks in midair ?

The Christensen rangers use Ruger rotary mags I already have several of them so that's what I chose. I'm tickled to death with as a hunting/plinking toy, the CZ 457 in a chassis would've been my choice if I didn't have a dozen or so 10/22 mags already. My dads cz is in the mdt style chassis and it's an absolute tack driver, probably better suited for nrl22 shoots the extra weight helps with stability. Hope it helps

I have a CZ precision varmint with the manner's stock. It has a 16 inch threaded barrel and shoots "lights out" with or without the suppressor. Came in just a little over $1000. After I shot it once I never thought about the price again. See target.

CZ 457.jpg
It shoots well with any ammo. This was with Federal bulk ammo. Shoots even better with Lapua Midas ammo if you can find any.
PS: The target was shot at 50 yards not 100. Did not notice the yardage when I was measuring the target.

Just a little updated, I still haven't bought a bolt action rimfire. I'm going to have to stick with the Ruger 10/22 for awhile longer. Some Jackwagon did a hit and run on my pickup in Pueblo, so I've got a large bill coming due for the bodywork I only had liability on the pickup. I was about to drop the coin on a B-14 and optic.

Bummer deal about your ride!! There will be more rifles to buy… gotta be able to get to work.
I have plenty of vehicles, this one is a truck I hoped to keep until I can no longer drive. It's a first year 99 F250 SD 7.3L Diesel I bought back in 2001. Hard to let go of a truck that has started almost every turn of the key for the last 21 years.

Great story! Wasn't it the 66 that had the advertisement
In magazines with the sharpshooter
That set some record for shooting wood blocks in midair ?
Initial Nylon 66 Publicity
In 1959, Tom Frye, a field representative for Remington, set out to surpass Ad Topperwein's world record (set in 1907) of shooting 72,500 2½" wooden blocks as they were tossed into the air while missing only nine. Frye used three Nylon 66 rifles and maintained an average pace of 1,000 shots per hour (one shot every four seconds) for 13 consecutive eight-hour days. When the smoke cleared, he had shot at 100,010 blocks and hit 100,004, missing only six! The rifles were cleaned only five times during the Marathon trial.

The Nylon 66 Story!

My buddy just bought a CZ varmint. I really like that gun! He was shooting my Ruger precision. He fealty likes that gun. I really like my precision as well. Try out a few and see what works for you. A inexpensive 22 with good ammo will outshoot an expensive 22 with cheap ammo. The better 22s will shoot cheap ammo better than the economy ones will,however.

In 1959, Tom Frye, a field representative for Remington, set out to surpass Ad Topperwein's world record (set in 1907) of shooting 72,500 2½" wooden blocks as they were tossed into the air while missing only nine. Frye used three Nylon 66 rifles and maintained an average pace of 1,000 shots per hour (one shot every four seconds) for 13 consecutive eight-hour days. When the smoke cleared, he had shot at 100,010 blocks and hit 100,004, missing only six! The rifles were cleaned only five times during the Marathon trial.

The Nylon 66 Story!
I actually remember that!

The Nylon 66 Story!
Nice , I knew that I had seen that advertised before, in the back of a magazine, with a picture of him and the blocks . Thanks, nice write up!

A CZ457 Varmint 22Mag came to live with me @ Christmas. Factory target was 11mm/5shot group/50meters. CCI 40gr jhp was used. Amazing group for a 22mag. My turn at the bench l shot a .964" @100yds using 30gr TNT CCI JHP. January comes and daughter 'borrows'o_O my CZ for a little trip. After 2 weeks l missed the CZ so much i picked up a little short barrel 22lr CZ Royal. 17mm/3shot/50meters CZ target wont win any ARA matches. lt'll do 10 shots under 2inches @100yards with Stingers. Hopefully good enough for Oregon ground squirrels in April/May