What Priming Tool?

I use the 21st Century Shooting with the Lee primer tray. Have had it for a few years and never had any problems with it. I like that it is adjustable for primer seating depth and I use that feature quite a bit.

Single 21st Century here. I used the RCBS many years ago and bought the Holland modified RCBS automatic primer tool thinking it would be easier for large volume. I still find myself using the 21st Century priming tool.

Another vote for Sinclair and no it is not much of an inconvenience to load one at a time. I do have a question acout "seating depth" of primers. Aren't they supposed to be "bottomed out" in the primer pocket? If you adjust them as some above have suggested they won't be "bottomed out" and it seems to me that could be a problem

I still prime mine off the Rockchucker press. It seems to work well for me so I see no reason to change. People complain about priming from the press not giving a good "feel" for primers going into place but I feel them pop in very well with mine.

I have an RCBS hand-held with no feed method (& a pitiful flipping method) and a Forster Co-Ax with the linear primer feed 'tubes'. Setting up the Forster for different case heads is a PITA for me and loading the feed tubes took a lot of time. I don't use it any more. The RCBS may not be ideal, but it does a good job. I've looked at other tools to do this job, like the Holland modified bench mount RCBS tool (leading contender if I do change), but I'm finding it hard to justify the expense when the hand held works well enough.

I'm curious if the similar design tools are as fiddly to R&R the primer seater as the RCBS seaters are.

Where is the Franklin made?
Don't worry about where it's made just get it it is well-made comes with all the shell holders doesn't hurt your hand has a tray so you don't single feed primers what more can you ask for oh did I mention it's fairly cheap as well

I recently got a 21 century and I really like it. Coming from a Lee safety prime. I have no need or want to prime cases as fast as humanly possible, I spoke to the owner on Facebook and he didn't have anymore in stock but sent me to Bruno's who did.

I have used a RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool for several years and like it a lot. It has sliding jaws that fit around the base of the case so no shell holders required. The handle is long enough that it is easy to feel when the primer bottoms-out in the primer pocket.

I still prime mine off the Rockchucker press. It seems to work well for me so I see no reason to change. People complain about priming from the press not giving a good "feel" for primers going into place but I feel them pop in very well with mine.
Same...it's quick , easy and seems to be good feel whatever that is. Yeah, don't you just have to bottom the primer out, seat it all the way in right? Or what am I missing? My thoughts about feel would probably all change if I tried a nice Sinclair or something with a dial to measure force. But can a guy actually shoot the difference? Does it help ES to seat with a gauge? I'm sure open to a new method also if it pays off. Following

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.