what palm to use for LR shooting

Also after doing a little poking around there are a few Palm devices that will work with Vista.

Palm Centro; Treo 755p , 700p, 680, 650
Palm TX, Z22; Tungsten E2

If you are unable to Sync through a USB connection you should be able to get it done via Bluetooth.

I understand this isn't an option for the older models.

Here is the link to Hotsync 6.2

Also after doing a little poking around there are a few Palm devices that will work with Vista.

Palm Centro; Treo 755p , 700p, 680, 650
Palm TX, Z22; Tungsten E2

If you are unable to Sync through a USB connection you should be able to get it done via Bluetooth.

I understand this isn't an option for the older models.

Here is the link to Hotsync 6.2

You can avoid all the problems with incompatibility generated by different operating systems (Vista, etc). Just remove the SD from PALM device and connect direct the SD to computer (using a SD card Reader). Simples as is gets. Then insert the SD on Palm, search for the file and install it directly from the device.

Thanks magman I will get a TX or E2. I have a line on a TX used twice. I have come to the conclusion I really dislike vista. I wonder if windows 7 will be as bad?

brent

The thing I like about the Palm Pilots is that you can turn the power at any screen (like target engagement) and when you need it you just to turn it on and its right there, which is instant I might add. I can't say the same thing for PP's. The only experience I have had was with Load Base and it took forever to start up.
I've got Exbal running on a Palm and it does work like that. Turn it off and turn it on and you're right where you left off.

I've got Loadbase running on a Dell Axim X30 and if I just turn the power off with the program running, when I turn the power back on it comes up with the screen that was running when I turned it off.

I talked to Gus about the time it takes for Loadbase to start fresh when you first begin and he said it has to be that way because of the extensive checks and everything involved because of the complexity of the program. He's the one that told me to just turn the Dell off and it would come right back where you left off. I've heard that the PPC will use battery power when doing it this way but I run a HD extended battery and I've run it for several hours during a day and had it off for a looooong time and never noticed it with the battery I use.

Thanks Dick

I really like the Load Base but when it comes right down to it, I prefer Exbal for field use. It's much easier for my simple mind.

300rum has a great tip, one that I never thought of, side stepping via SD card.

I purchased Exbal for palm about 1 1/2 weeks ago from Perry. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I guess I was expecting a CD for my home computer and installing it from there. How is the program installed on the palm? Thanks.

I purchased Exbal for palm about 1 1/2 weeks ago from Perry. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I guess I was expecting a CD for my home computer and installing it from there. How is the program installed on the palm? Thanks.

You can install it to the palm using the "Install Tool" on the palm desktop. Install the software on the computer than upload the program to the install tool when you sync the palm the new software will be loaded to the palm.

ML

Maybe someone can help explain the difference between the home pc version and the pocket pc version. Can I buy the version for the home computer and load it onto a Dell Axim? Or do I need to buy both versions if I want to be able to be able to use it both on the pocket pc and my home computer? Thanks

Mike

You can't buy the desktop pc version and then load it on the PPC. They are different operating systems. If you want to run it on your desktop as well as on a PPC in the field, you will need both versions.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.