What Length in the 7mm PRC

Didn't appear the primer was flattened. Kinda had me confuzzed
Me too. I just shot the same loads with Fed 215s with no problems. I fingered I'd step down and try the Winchesters. Should have gone with Rem 91/2M first, lol. I'll contact Winchester Monday.

Definitely a primer problem, not brass problem. Winchester large rifle primers are notorious for leaking and pitting bolt faces. Winchester will replace them.
After looking at it closely, I'd tend to agree. I posted the pic right after I got back from my field, and I hadn't studied it. I did move my bullet out 10 thou off the lands while changing problems, which I should not have done. One variable at a time.......

Just loaded up some 7mm PRC with 180 ELD Match with Staball HD,it will be shot out of my Bergara HMR wilderness, what length would you start with have 27 shells loaded with 3 sets of different powder charges and want to try some seating depths. My Hornady bullet o/l gauge shows the 180 hits at 3.350". Pete
I've had my better results with 175gr ELD-X and Staball HD with a jump of 60-70 thou off the lands. The ELDM is obviously a different projectile, but I started at 20 thou and moved away by 10 thou until I found the node.

Recent Posts