What Hard Gun cases are yall using?

The7mmSTW

What hard gun cases are yall using to keep your goodies safe?

ill be in the market for one in a month or two..

- Matt

Cheapo plastic bi-mart special for local shooting. Airline approved aluminum case for packing, & long trips. Only flew with it once. Held up ok, but if I were to fly, & check my rifle case baggage again, it'd be a Pelican case hands down.

If traveling extensively or especially flying go with a plastic case. Plastic absorbs shock much better than aluminum or metal, is generally lighter and with a water tight seal will normally float. You also want easy access if flying as the TSA will want to check it with you there (unlock inspect and re-lock). Watch out for anything that sticks out, paddle locks hinges etc. . . I am a big fan of the SKB plastic cases and buy a double it will come in handy for other stuff such as spotting scopes, cleaning rods, tripods etc.... You can buy foam and make several cut outs depending upon your hunting/locational needs. Pelicans are nice cases as well. You are going to hear a bunch of BS about hiding it in music case etc. . . you must declare it so everyone knows what it is. I have traveled all over Africa, North and South America and never had an issue. My old SKB is battered but logged more frequently flyer miles than most salesman.

OH, and wheels are very handy as well as webbing to add other stuff in tow.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.