Gun cases

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Well, my 270 AM is only a few weeks away and my 300 RUM should be done soon also. The problem is, both have 30+" bbls. I don't have nor do I know where to get a case that will hold these monsters!!!

Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

B.J.

Bill Bailey:

I'm in the same boat and have been looking around.

Check with Kalispell Gun Cases. They make a couple of cases in the 62" length but the one listed for 50 cal rifles is an inch thicker.

Also Cabela's lists a black powder rifle case (Item: IF-226582) that is also 62" long.

Also ICC, Impact Case and Container make several from 60" up to 64".

There are others around but these are all Aluminum.

I'm still looking but am currently leaning towards the Kalispell case for the 50 cal. This will give lots of room for the gun and other items.

I don't see anything though at this length for two guns listed in their info.

I would think that Kalispell or ICC could make just about anything you want in a 2 gun setup.

Sorry Bill I missed you wanted both guns. The Cabela's works great for one gun.

How would a guy get in touch w/the folks @ Kalispell?

I don't have to have a double gun case. I was thinking maybe a double gun hard case and then maybe a large, soft case for each.

Let me know what you think when you get it. Both of my guns will have the short Harris bipods on them as well. I would like to have a case that would accomodate these as well.

Thanks for all the info.
B.J.

Just get em home then figure out what you need. I just got my first hard case to ship a rifle. I never needed one before cause usually they ride in my overhead rack in the truck. Never needed anything else so far. I don't do travel and hunting tho, so I think you guys that wander may need more than I.

I have a Tuffpack. The thing I like about it is that you can stuff the whole soft case right inside, or if you need to have a bipod attached, just tuck some clothing around your gun(s) and they ride safe.

You may not require this but; I brought back a fresh ostrich egg inside(!) the Tuffpack. With two rifles, in two gun cases, all inside the tuffpack case, a bunch of wadded up clothes and that ostrich egg.

I honestly don't know the limitation on barrel length, but it for sure will accomodate 30" barrels. Maybe more?

It isn't conventional, but it is tuff. Actually, rolling it through a terminal, it looks more like you are carrying golf clubs, than guns. Something to consider, in this age of restricted luggage allowances because the thing will hold considerable gear besides just a firearm.

Good hunting. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts