What happened with Stiller actions??

QQQQQ

Looking into actions and wondered what happened to Stiller? 15+years ago they seemed like the go to action. Now I can't even find a current forum talking about them. I'm looking for good options for a lighter weight hunting rifle. Is Stiller still a relevant company for a quality action, at 400-500 less than a Defiance or equivalent is it a good option? The Predator seems to have everything I'm looking for (trued 700 with upgraded bolt options, do not want a rail), anybody have any reason not to save $400-500 versus a Defiance, Lone Peak, etc.? Application is for lighter weight hunting rifle, thinking 260AI.

I have used a stiller recently on a 338 norma build. They are still very relevant and good actions. If I was building another .260 AI on a custom, it would either be a stiller or a gunwerks GRB due to price, or very likely one of Russo's actions (terminus) because I like the features, or a titanium if lightweight was the goal, like a lone peak ti or similar.

But ya, stillars are still good.

15+ years ago, there were a lot less custom action builders. When there were only 5, they got a much bigger piece of the pie.
Still good actions, just a lot more to choose from.

Looking into actions and wondered what happened to Stiller? 15+years ago they seemed like the go to action. Now I can't even find a current forum talking about them. I'm looking for good options for a lighter weight hunting rifle. Is Stiller still a relevant company for a quality action, at 400-500 less than a Defiance or equivalent is it a good option? The Predator seems to have everything I'm looking for (trued 700 with upgraded bolt options, do not want a rail), anybody have any reason not to save $400-500 versus a Defiance, Lone Peak, etc.? Application is for lighter weight hunting rifle, thinking 260AI.
If you can buy a Stiller for 4-500 dollars less than a Defiance, you should buy a bucket full of them. The prices I would have to pay is over $100 more for Stiller than a Defiance Tenacity and $100 less than a Defiance Rebel.

If you can buy a Stiller for 4-500 dollars less than a Defiance, you should buy a bucket full of them. The prices I would have to pay is over $100 more for Stiller than a Defiance Tenacity and $100 less than a Defiance Rebel.
You are correct, I somehow missed the tenacity and rebel. I was referencing the Deviant

I have Stiller TAC 300 actions on two of my more recent rifles and they are fantastic. They are tight and very accurate. Those two rifles shoot as well as my rifles that have Defiance and Surgeon actions and usually run for around $1000 or slightly less.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.