What factory rifle?

Seems like every time the CA Ridgeline is mentioned, there is an "accuracy issue" comment... I know this is not the OP's choice of caliber, but this is what my Ridgeline 7 Rem Mag does with factory ammo. The first pic is a 3-shot group and then a 2-shot group after a couple clicks. (100 yards). There have been a lot of nice rifles mentioned, but I doubt there are any out there that shoot better

Attachments

• D756034D-2381-4CB3-A6FD-417A8C5DAA36.png
    D756034D-2381-4CB3-A6FD-417A8C5DAA36.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 66415FD2-C846-44B8-B452-3BB88DC75FE6.png
    66415FD2-C846-44B8-B452-3BB88DC75FE6.png
    7 MB · Views: 131
I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?
I have a factory nosler 28 liberty and it is a real shooter. Handloads with R33 or us 869 and nosler 175 partitions were extremely accurate. But a word to the wise. I built a 28 for a customer with a brux 9 twist. it shoots in the 3,s. He bought a box of factory nosler 160 accubonds. My God. 80fps extreme spread and shooting over 2 inches. Really? And from a 27 inch barrel 3135 average. Come on. To the better side. I took the 28 to Africa with a 375 h&h and I should have left the 375 at home. Impact on eland seemed the same and that was with 300 nosler partitions. SPEED And recoil not bad at all. A big 7 with nosler 175 partitions is a real killer.

Seems like every time the CA Ridgeline is mentioned, there is an "accuracy issue" comment...

You got a ringer! If I knew I'd get one that shot like yours, I'd buy one today. I'll give them some more time to tighten up the QC - seems they've ramped production quite a bit over the last year or two...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.