what do you all think?

idig4au

What do you guys think of using a 30-378 wby for a brown bear hunt in either Alaska or Russia?

Do you think I should step up to a 338 or 375 class caliber or do I have enough horsepower with the 30-378?

Thanks in advance

A lot of brownies have been taken with the standard 300 Win Mag using 200gr Partitions.
If you can shoot this round accurately I say go for it. Premium 200+ grain bullets a must.

It would not be my caliber of choice, but I would not hesitate using it if the oportunity should arise while I was carrying it.

Neal

A lot of brownies have been taken with the standard 300 Win Mag using 200gr Partitions.
If you can shoot this round accurately I say go for it. Premium 200+ grain bullets a must.

It would not be my caliber of choice, but I would not hesitate using it if the oportunity should arise while I was carrying it.

Neal

A whole lot of Brownies have been taken and continue to be taken with a 30-06. Phil Shoemaker ( a Bear Guide of some repute) has used and continues to do so at times use a 30-06 as his back up rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.