What did you name your rifle

i have a winchester model 70 in 270 win that my day gave me. it is named "pots" cause what ever it shoots at ends up in pots. not original but it has been called that since it was given to me.

After hiking up and down canyons, hunting everything that I can get a tag for, I end up calling all my main hunting rifles the same name, year after year..
Now mind you I am soaking wet, tired, bloody, cold, starving, and I have to stop at every little flat spot to rest.

I call her:
Heavy B*tch

I have trekked down into a 5500' canyon multiple times with my 18lb 7mm STW on my shoulder. I have threatened to leave her down there until the next season a few times. Or thought about getting it airlifted out has crossed my mind several times!!!

my bushmaster v-match is called "splattermatic" ... hence the user name...
the 300 rum after my 2 friends saw me shoot a cow elk at 723 yards, is now called "thunderstruck" by them.

My TRG 42 in 338 Lapua is "The Green Monster"
My TRG 21 in .308 Win is "The Black Bastard"
My Sendero in 300 Win Mag with MCM A5 stock is "The Camo Whamo"

I have in my safe a hunting buddy's Franz Sodia 470 Nitro Express Over/Under. It says "Double Trouble" on the case.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.