What did you name your rifle

"Princess" No joke Speedy the hoser put it on the barrel! Named after the shop cat which now resides at my house after SG&Y closed and Speedy moved to Trinidad to teach..

I didn't pick the name but I have a 470NE over/under in my safe that's known as "Double Trouble". Says so on its case and I'm not prepared to argue the point.

I've never named any of my rifles until ths weekend. I went to a local gunshow and managed to come away with a Savage 93R17/bvtss. A spiffy looking stainless gun in a thumbhole varmint stock. Since it's a 17HMR, it is kinda pint sized. Well, it's the spittin' image of my 22-250AI I had made. So I figured that the 250 AI would out of necessity be "Dr. Evil" and the little clone of it, "Minnie Me". Not original, but fitting!

I recently completed my anschutz build in 17 HMR and this thing realy
shoots so I felt it deserved a name .

Up until now The smallest rifle I owned was a 7/08 so I used the redneck
term for very small "T9C" Because it realy is!!!!

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
My 45-70 Guide Gun is Painbow. Brings the pain but the trajectory is like a rainbow. Wow, that was lame, I admit I totally made that up...

My father has an old 32Win special he nick-named the "meat getter" " after a luck shot on a monster muley

My boy named my 50 BMG the "monster gun." Sad thing is, now that he turned seven he thinks he is to cool to call it the monster gun anymore.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.