What Caliber

bowhuntr69

OK,,this has probley has been ask but here gos : If u had any caliber rifle to choose from what would it be and why ,,only 1

Too general. do you want long range, medium? what size game? If it was for medium range i'd go .270 or 6.5x55. If long range, i'd go 300 win to keep from getting too big for smaller game. Thats what i'd choose.....
Nimrod

something in either 30 or 33 cal. You can hunt anything, anywhere, anytime, near to far big or small. (except certain places that have a 375 min.)
My personal choice is a 300 magnum of some sort, due to huge bullet selection for whatever critter your hunting, at most ranges but it is outclassed in the LR dept by the big 338's.
Can't go wrong with either one really.

i would have to go with a 300wsm because i have had this cartridge in several rifles and its what i like.bullet selection is great,it can be accurate enough for varmint hunting and target shooting and has the power to take down any game animal in north america.there are 1000 different cartridges out there that will do the same thing for the most part so this topic will be widely debated

Would go with a 308 or 3006 they are standards and have showed that they can do for all game in North America as a couple of choices.........The 300 mags burn out barrel 800- 1500 rounds......

6,5x284. My primary hunting species are deer, antelope , and varmints. It's effective to +1000 yards, and there is no trade off for the target shooting, and competition events I participate in during the off season. Everything can be done in a 10.5# rig with very low recoil for targets, but carried all day if required, for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.