What Bullet for my Lapua Improved

My comment was meant simply for wind bucking ability. You can bet that 300 grain Berger will beat that 250 in wind at that 2K range. That was my meaning. Weight momentum with that extra 300 ft lbs will help in wind. Weight gives that advantage providing BC is as good or in this case quite a bit better. Energy will carry that heavier bullet into a big elk or moose better aside from tissue damage given equal or close velocities. Both bullets constructed equally I'd say the heavier on bigger heavier game would give it the edge. That's an opinion more than fact. Haven't ever needed a 338 Lapua for any game animal I've hunted nor killed any big heavy bones critters with one at 1000+ yards to say.
Well lets also remember that the BC # printed on that box of your favorite bullets is based upon whatever velocity # they chose in order to establish that #, and not necessarily what you might get with your particular rifle.
Theres alot of BS associated with BC numbers printed on boxes of bullets.
Just go shoot the guns with the different bullet weights and dont just take it for granted that what youve been led to believe is gospel, because it isnt.

Well lets also remember that the BC # printed on that box of your favorite bullets is based upon whatever velocity # they chose in order to establish that #, and not necessarily what you might get with your particular rifle.
Theres alot of BS associated with BC numbers printed on boxes of bullets.
Just go shoot the guns with the different bullet weights and dont just take it for granted that what youve been led to believe is gospel, because it isnt.
I just assume everyone shooting into the trans has verified and or trued their BC.

I just assume everyone shooting into the trans has verified and or trued their BC.
Probably close enough. Think I've only been maybe a half minute off way out past a mile from what my ballistics calculated based on the BC velocity combination. I think the published BCs by companies today are much better than they use to be. Some are off a bit but better than ever today

Recent Posts