what are my options

yotehunter243

I have a Mark X long action standard bolt face that I am wanting to turn into a long range big game rifle. I'd originally wanted a 7WSM. But what are my options here? I know I will have to open the bolt face and image other work. But what would be my best long range option? Recoil is no problem either.

280 Rem and 284 Win are 7mm cartridges that both use a standard bolt face if that's what you're asking.

If you're opening the face or replacing the bolt, then you have a plethora of 7mm options.

-- richard

I can't say for sure. But, I believe the action should function fine.

But, measure your mag box length. If it has a standard bolt face, it's probably about 3.38" ...considerably shorter than the ultra mags.

If it came chambered as a large rifle magnum, then it may be about 3.6" which is still borderline especially with VLDs.

Either way, you would likely need to extend the mag box one way or another to build a repeater which is pretty important with the claw extractor.

I'm not sure if Wyatt's makes a conversion for Mausers?

Perhaps someone familiar with your rifle will chime in...

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.