What does my Cooper need?

Yeah I know, I've watched alot of Sniper shows and have done some playing around with mil-dots myself. If I had the time and money, learning the things a sniper knows would be the first thing I do. gun)

On a side note - Shooting Prairie dogs in the range of 200-800 yards is fun and is a learning experience aswell, This year I shot one after about 6-8 shots (AR-15 w/ Burris 8-32x50) that was all blurry in my scope and he was at the bottom of the vertical cross-hair, not really sure how far that would be tho, guessing 700yrds

http://internationalbenchrest.com/records/group/index.php

At the link above, what is SP class up there in the RED records...

Last edited:
I'd be satisfied with what its shooting now. Our military snipers make hits at extended ranges by learning all about ballistics and trajectory,and whats happening to that bullet in flight. Its one thing to have a 1/4 MOA rifle and another to know where to aim when its 30 degrees up a hill in a 10 mph cross wind at 461 yds. Especially if its shooting back at you.
For me that would be a 1.4 mil hold or dial and a .4 mil windage, if I was elk hunting it would belike taking candy from a baby:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.