What .30 caliber for my new barrel

TackDriv3r

I am in the process of getting the new 26 inch barrel in 30 caliber for my Rem 700. It used to be a 7 STW. What fast .30 caliber would you guy put on it? I would like to have some good quality brass for it, its my main concern.

30 Nosler. Short enough to load heavy, high-BC bullets way out there, and efficient for such a big round. 300 Norma Mag is even nicer... except you'd need a new bolt face, which is a pain for rather minimal gains.

:)
I am in the process of getting the new 26 inch barrel in 30 caliber for my Rem 700. It used to be a 7 STW. What fast .30 caliber would you guy put on it? I would like to have some good quality brass for it, its my main concern.
I suggest 300 Weatherby, 7 STW is based on the full 2.8 inch case of the 8 rem mag case. This is large case with factory ammo that can be purchased.

You have to modified the magazine ,the 7 STW is a longer case, then 300 WSM.

Thank you for the update. I was unaware of that, learn something new everyday. I've had 3 .300 RUM's in the past. Now I have a .300 WM and like it, and have .300 WSM on the brain here lately.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.