New Barrel/Caliber

7 STW
Thanks, I built 2 of them the same just different stock colors just wanted to see what I could get out of the little 47 lapua case and its been a good rifle.
The stocks blanks are from Joe Russo, I blue printed the remington actions and added
#7 Bartlien Barrels with a no turn neck reamer from Dave Kiff.

Steve, from the pics, I swore those were Bobby Harts, from my point of view, but regardless, they are both gorgeous. And apparently quality through out.
I am building a 280 " carry " rifle as we speak. I'm using a Brux #4 contour, Winchester action , blueprinted. At this point, it is going to be bedded in a laminated " Heritage Classic" from Stockys. I decided to go with the blind magazine, instead of the hinged floor plate on this one. This will be my first experience with a Brux, but I've had good reviews.
I may upgrade the stock at a later point, maybe a McMillan glass. But I DO like the feel of the wood.
P/S, I'll bet that pair, is better than a full house!!!!

You can certainly bet on them to hit where you point them.
280 or 280 ackley I built 280 ackley 5 years ago and it's been a nice rifle #5 barrel and wished it was a 3 or 4 ever since. (getting old and light rifles are easier to pack).
I used 20 brux barrels last year and have more on order and I think you'll be happy with yours. They have all been good shooters and some have been hummers, any load you but in them they shoot well. The trend in my little corner of the world has been Mcmillian Stocks and
Proof Research barrels. Proof Barrel- Mcmillian Stock- Predator Action-6.5x20 Leupold = 8lbs
A little pricey but a darn nice riffle.

Good luck with your new build
Steve

You can certainly bet on them to hit where you point them.
280 or 280 ackley I built 280 ackley 5 years ago and it's been a nice rifle #5 barrel and wished it was a 3 or 4 ever since. (getting old and light rifles are easier to pack).
I used 20 brux barrels last year and have more on order and I think you'll be happy with yours. They have all been good shooters and some have been hummers, any load you but in them they shoot well. The trend in my little corner of the world has been Mcmillian Stocks and
Proof Research barrels. Proof Barrel- Mcmillian Stock- Predator Action-6.5x20 Leupold = 8lbs
A little pricey but a darn nice riffle.

Good luck with your new build
Steve

Steve, as a matter of fact, I spoke to my " smith" tonite about the details of the crown, the throat, and the action. He took a look at the rifle I have on layaway as the " donor", and said he was very impressed with the action as it is, but he said after he blueprints it, it will be perfect as a picture.
The crown is going to be a 11 degree target crown, with a 45 degree chamfer, and a 1/8 flat surface surrounding the crown. The reamers are minimum SAAMI spec, with a .145 leade. He has a state of the art digitally controlled lathe, that looks like it could be in the mission control center at NASA. And he Guarantees a smooth chamber finish.
I thought about the 280 AI, but I dont care for the fire forming, or expensive brass. I simply love a 280 just as it is, and it dosen't need to be overdone. The 280 rem is what made me fall in love with 7mm bullets many years ago. So I decided to build a sweetheart, and so far, I think it is going to be just that. Take care my friend!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.