What 16 power scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Leon, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Leon

Leon Member

I am looking for a sidewheel parallax adjustment plus 16x mag available in the u.k...any ideas anyone?
    Thanks
    Leon

2. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

Do you have certain budget in mind, Leon??..sakofan...

3. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Nightforce NXS or Zeiss.
    if 16x will surfice then go for the S&B PMII 4-16x50. want a good price on NXS call Duncans Gun Makers in Hull and tell em Pete Lincoln sent you.
    Pete

4. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

IOR 16x with Mp-8 reticle or the Tasco SS in 16x.The Tasco is a good value and the IOR is worth what you pay for it.
    IOR

5. Leon

Leon Member

Sakofan
    Budget's not a problem it's the qaulity that is, my rifles get used and sometimes abused a bit.

Pete
    I have three friends who swear by Nightforce but they have all had problems with them loosing zero and had to have them repaired. Not holding zero is something that I have never had with my S&B's on any of my rifles it's just a shame S&B don't make a fixed power 16x or something near.

6. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

US Optics T-PAL SN-3 3.2-17x44mm.
    Gives you side focus and incredible ruggedness.

Also a slimmer, more streamlined SN-3 than the older ones like mine...sakofan....It doesnt get any better!!! [​IMG]

7. Nathanial

Nathanial Active Member

I am struggling with this same question, what 16x scope to put atop my new 338 Rum when it is completed next month. I
    am worried about scope failure from recoil. Will most likely use a S&B 4x16 precision
    hunter/PM2 or a Leupold MK4 16x. I have both of these scopes on other rifles but not of this
    caliber. I am sure there would not be a problem but I have this thought stuck in the back of my
    mind. Am I worried about nothing? Thanks, Nathan

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I like the Leupold Mark-IV 16X with the M1 Turrets

9. Shaky

Shaky New Member

Leon,

I have been using a Schmidt & Bender 4 to 16 X 50 PM II with mil dot reticle for 5 years and have had zero problems with it. I have it mounted on a custom made 300 win mag.

I see your in the UK. If I may inquire, where in the UK? My wife is from Stoke - that's why I ask.

Don [​IMG]