Weaver Tactical

dragman

I am finishing up a new long range rig for PA hunting and I just dont wanna spend NXS money on a scope for it. I have had VXIII's and SIII's and liked them both good enough but in the price I wanna spend I am strongly looking at the Weaver tactical 4-20 with the nice turrets and the 30mm tube and a side focus at around $850 it seems like a pretty nice budget piece that has a great power range for what I will need it for. Anyone use one yet or have an opinion about them??
they seem to have REALLY good reviews and the negitive of the 55MOA isn't a big deal as I will mount on signature zee rings and I wont need more than 30MOA for where I hunt.

Iam interested in the same scope . I wish sombody had one ,and did a detailed review on it. Box test and tall target test to see if its tracked perfectly

All the online reviews were great. Oh well I am buying it. I will put it on my new gun I just finished and do a complete review on the scope.

That would be awsome I would like to hear about repeatability. And if it tracks the correct amount like is ten mills 36 inches when dialed and so on.

I too am awaiting your review.

I have a long discontinued Weaver Tactical 4.5-14 FFP mil dot that I'm as comfortable with as my NXS 56mm.

I'm told that the new weaver is better. But that was from the weaver rep.

Lets hear your report.:)

I have a 3-15 version. I absolutely love it. It holds zero very well, and adjustments are presice and repeatable. The turrets are pop-up/locking style with VERY positive adjustments.

I don't have many gripes. It's very heavy and the sf and illumination require some Michael to manipulate. I picked mine up for $600 shipped. It's one hell of a great scope for the money!

Just got done shooting it yesterday,
Pro's:
-Very nice glass
-easy to adjust and set the turrets
-positive and repeatable turrets
-held and returned to zero with no problems
-tracking and mil were spot on

Con's:
-crosshairs were a little thick for my liking (but understandable for a mil dot scope) very similar to my Mark4 8.5-25

Over all very pleased with the scope for all hunting applications, for under $1000 this is my new front runner for hunting scopes. I do like my NXS's better but they are double the price and this is very usable.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.