Weaver Grand slam 4.5-14x40AO

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by memyselfni, Nov 4, 2008.

1. memyselfni

memyselfni Active Member

Hey guys
    I have a weaver grand slam 4.5-14 on a tikka t3 .270 wsm with a harris ul bipod, i am hoping somebody could tell me the distance from the centrail crosshair of the duplex reticle to the tip of the thick post, so that i can use this for holdover. Also, what are the click adjustments like, would you use them for clicking up at up to 500 yards? are they accurate and repeatable?

hope you can help

2. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I know that Eaglet has been using the Grand Slams on a couple of his rifles. I don't know that he has ever measured the length of the duplex, but I do know that he clicks them and shoots them past 1000 yards. That is, until he got a smokin deal on a Nightforce.

Hopefully he will chime in soon. He usually patrols my posts so he can call me a jerk or something.:)

3. petenz

petenz Well-Known Member

just get a bit of paper with a 1" grid at stick it at 100 yards and measure the reticle dimensions in MOA

because it's SFP the measurements will only be correct at that magnification though

4. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Why would I mistreat my buddy? :confused: Aside from not giving me water you'd do anything for me! You're my pal... ;)

5. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

I have two Weaver Grand Slams. They click in MOA and the turret clicking are extremely accurate, more so than most people know. Using a total of 20 MOA Burris scope ring inserts, my back then 15? y/o son was killing rocks with my 300 RUM at 1385 yards or so. I have been using them for many years and I... There is one thing I dislike about them, the numbers on the turrets will erase with usage specially if you have fat fingers like I do; the good news is that you can get them from Weaver freely or low price depending on who you talk to.
    Good Luck!

6. Thomas B.

Thomas B. Well-Known Member

I have been using the Grand Slams for several years also and I find they track real well and the clarity is excellent.

[​IMG]