New Weaver Grand Slam Tactical?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by MSU Marksman, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MSU Marksman

MSU Marksman Well-Known Member

I was browsing the Weaver website last night and noticed in their 2008 downloadable PDF catalog that they have listed a 10x and 4.5-14x Tactical scope with nice target turrets and mildots. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these yet? Has anyone found any articles or information on them other than on the website? Thanks for the heads up.

2. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I got to check one out at the SHOT show. It is not the Weaver Tactical of old. It is not First Focal Plane.

Basically it is a Grand Slam with tactical turrets. The turrets are similar to the Bushnell tacticals.

Not a bad scope by any means, just not as good as the old one.

3. landcbeitner

landcbeitner Well-Known Member

I was trying to find info on them and it looks like they use a 1" tube. Does anyone know how much elevation adjustment they'll have? All my current scopes have 30mm tubes for more adjustment.

4. jad29

jad29 Member

if I remeber right it has 50 min of adjustment

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Dang, not FFP:mad:

I have one of the older Tacticals. It is a super scope. The FFP means alot. I'd rather have 1/4 MOA clicks than the 1/8 MOA clicks that are on it. There are just too many small clicks for me to be fully comfortable.

My eyes are quite poor, even with glasses but I can shoot at a 1/2" square @ 200 yds on 4.5 power with ease.

I'll check out the new offering but have some reservations.

Edited from here down:

Side focus would be great but not a deal breaker
    Second Focal plane - pretty much a deal breaker
    40mm objective - Unless optics are extremely superior this one won't match up to the older tactical offering which I think is either 42 or 44 mm and will hold its own in low light with any of the Lueys and even the nxs.

BTW, Biff's reloading had/has a older Weaver Tactical for $575 which is a decent price as that is the only one I've found anywhere. I'm hesitant because I don't know Biff's Reloading and can't put my eyes on it first.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  6. landcbeitner

landcbeitner Well-Known Member

How many MOA per turret revolution?