New Weaver Grand Slam Tactical?

MSU Marksman

I was browsing the Weaver website last night and noticed in their 2008 downloadable PDF catalog that they have listed a 10x and 4.5-14x Tactical scope with nice target turrets and mildots. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these yet? Has anyone found any articles or information on them other than on the website? Thanks for the heads up.

I got to check one out at the SHOT show. It is not the Weaver Tactical of old. It is not First Focal Plane.

Basically it is a Grand Slam with tactical turrets. The turrets are similar to the Bushnell tacticals.

Not a bad scope by any means, just not as good as the old one.

I was trying to find info on them and it looks like they use a 1" tube. Does anyone know how much elevation adjustment they'll have? All my current scopes have 30mm tubes for more adjustment.

Dang, not FFP:mad:

I have one of the older Tacticals. It is a super scope. The FFP means alot. I'd rather have 1/4 MOA clicks than the 1/8 MOA clicks that are on it. There are just too many small clicks for me to be fully comfortable.

My eyes are quite poor, even with glasses but I can shoot at a 1/2" square @ 200 yds on 4.5 power with ease.

I'll check out the new offering but have some reservations.

Edited from here down:

Side focus would be great but not a deal breaker
Second Focal plane - pretty much a deal breaker
40mm objective - Unless optics are extremely superior this one won't match up to the older tactical offering which I think is either 42 or 44 mm and will hold its own in low light with any of the Lueys and even the nxs.

BTW, Biff's reloading had/has a older Weaver Tactical for $575 which is a decent price as that is the only one I've found anywhere. I'm hesitant because I don't know Biff's Reloading and can't put my eyes on it first.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.