Weaver Grand Slam 3,5-10x50 ?

Riflemanse

Hi

I have a Zeiss Diatal Z 6x42 MC that I plan to trade for a scope with variable magnification and higher magnification.
I have been offerd a new Weaver Grand Slam 3,5-10x50 and $188 as a trade.
The only experiense I have with weaver scopes are old Micro Trac´s with steel tubing. Can some one tell me a little about the Weaver Grand Slam 3,5-10x50, is it a good scope? I know the mechanics should be good, but how are the glass, compared with Leupold VX-II, and VX-III for example?

The new scope will be mounted on a Rem 700 ADL Synthetic 300 WM, I know the Weaver only have about 3" eye relief, which concerns me a little.

// Johan

Weaver Grand Slam

Hi the grand slams are verry good but the only reason I won't buy them is they don't have a reticle available with a ranging reticle.

Cheers Bill
Australia

No dials

I have one in 6-20-42. the glass is great, it tracks very well but I find the lack of turrets a problem. No one makes a taller turret for it, I was even looking at there target dails but they will not fit.

If it is going to be on a rifle that you have no need to dail in come-ups then I would say it would be a good scope. Mine as held zero really well even on a 7RUM.

Willys

I have two of them, a 4.5x14-40and a 6x20-40, the latest on my Remington Sendero 300 rum with muzzle break and the other on a Remington LSS 300 Rum without muzzle break. I'm always using the turrets though small they're very precise, very accurate. Try to hold them from the top when turning or the numbers will erase in time but when I called Weaver they sent them for free. I really like it. On the other side they are excellent with the turret being so small because the rifle would fit on a scabbard without anything getting in the way. I do trust both scopes very much and do enjoy the quality of their glasses.

Hi

Thanks for your answers. I have decided to pass on the deal and try to sell my Zeiss and boy a Leupold or something.
I have seen Zeiss Diatal 6x42 T* for about $900 on The Optic Zone, I figure I
could get around $700 for mine, what do you think?

Edit: Sold the scope to day for $623 here in Sweden.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts