Weatherby Vanguard Rifle of the Year

762shooter

I'm looking at a used Vanguard Rifle of the Year. This model isn't made any more. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the basic Vanguard, the ROTY and the Sub MOA?

Yep, the Vanguard MOA is a shootin SOB. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. A little higher and worth every penny. It is an exceptional over the counter rifle for accuracy.

I got my standard to shoot great........with some massaging. I've got the "one piece at a time" MOA. for about the same price.
I have never held the gun you speak of but I was able to make a very respectable gun out of a brand new standard Vanguard. I replaced the stock, the trigger, floated the barrel and bedded the action. All on my time and my terms. Making sure it was exactly what I wanted.

Things I would think about (just thinking out loud)
How much do you know about that gun? How many rounds have been through it? Does the person take good care of their guns? Do they reload? What kinda loads have they been throwing down range?They may have shot hot round after hot round through it. If you can, ask that question and look at some reloading data to see where that falls in terms of hot to normal loads. If it's a private seller can you get them to throw in any brass, bullets, powder, dies?

I didn't buy it. It turns out the rifle of the Year is just a basic Vanguard synthetic with a soft, rubbery coating on it. It was in good shape, not abused but not much of a bargain given that it is really just a painted basic Vanguard. It did have a good looking test target with it, about 1/2 moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.