Weatherby Mark V Mounting System

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 340ORHNTR, Apr 21, 2010.

1. 340ORHNTR

340ORHNTR Active Member

I am almost done with my Mark V build and i need a one piece rail with rings to mount a Leupold VX3 4.5-14. I would like to get 20 MOA in the base but if not i can try to figure that out later. I am just having troubles finding much for the Mark V action.

2. bb204

bb204 Well-Known Member

I think Near Mfg. makes a rail for it.

3. quackheadkiller

quackheadkiller Member

1+ Near mfg. I have 2 bases for the Mark V's. The rings and bases made flawlessly. Worth every penny. Farrell industuries also makes a rail.

4. Magnumdude

Magnumdude Well-Known Member

+1 Near. I have a 45 MOA rail and an Alpha Mount for my scope.

5. 340ORHNTR

340ORHNTR Active Member

That looks like a very well made mount I think that fits the bill. Thanks guys.

6. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

I called and talked to Jeff at Nightforce and asked if they made a pic. rail for my Accumark. He said "well, no and yes". No, they don't make one that they market for the Mk V action but a Long Action Rem. 700 pic. rail will fit.

I sure would think the guys at NF would know if a Rem. LA 700 rail will fit on a Mk V action but does anyone here know for sure if a LA700 rail will work????

I hate to order one and have it only sorta kinda fit/work.

Anyone wanna chime in on this?????

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I just received two LA rail mounts from Near MFG. One for a 700 Rem and one for a Wby Mark V. Near makes two different mounts, so if you want a WBY mount that fits perfect and has a recoil lug that will fit right up to the front of the port buy a Near 30 MOA steel mount. I like the NF rails on Rem 700's but but I wanted a Light Weight one so I ordered one of Nears Ultra Light's.

There are a few variations from over the years of the Mark V Wby reciever. Some rem mounts will fit, some will not.

To play it safe, I would buy the Near... :rolleyes: oops I guess I did.

Jeff

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  8. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

I have used rem 700 bases on mark V's but you have to shorten a couple of the screws because they are too long for the weatherby receiver.

9. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

The Remington base whole spacing is the same as the Weatherby but you have to shim the
    Rear base .020 thousandths.

The Near base is a work of art and you won't be sorry if you buy one.

He will also make you what ever you want as far as MOA to a point.

J E CUSTOM