Weatherby Accuguard Reviews?

wilkup

Interested in purchasing one of these, having owned a custom barreled Howa 1500 that I liked.
Anybody have one of these higher-end Vanguards? I like that the magnum option for this model includes a 26'' barrel, not the short 24'' option like other variations.
How would you compare them to a tuned 700, Tikka, etc
Thanks in advance.

I have a Wilderness in 270 and really like everything about it. Good stock, light weight, good trigger and very accurate and consistent. The action is smooth but not Tikka smooth. That said I can cycle the LA as easy as any rifle I own. I prefered the 24" bbl on their 270 model over the 22" on other makes. With the lightweight barrel it balances very nice. Just a solid rifle IMO. I have a 700 and had a few others in the past, the trigger is always the first to go ($100 right off the top). Best of luck, I don't think you can go wrong with a Vanguard 2.

Well, I thought about it a little more and changed my mind. Decided to purchase a new Mark V Weathermark in 6.5-300 for a few hundred more. When the barrel burns up, I'll rechamber with a heavier contour barrel, but enjoy the rifle as is this season.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.